POSITION: WordPress Web Developer
COMPANY: Mighty Engine
LOCATION: Old City Philadelphia, PA
- 4-6 years of experience developing standards-based websites using valid, semantic markup for structure and CSS for layout
- Expert knowledge of WordPress
- Experience with PHP and MySQL (or similar database query language)
- Thorough knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to keep up with current development trends and other popular styling and scripting techniques, including responsive design
- Ability to be extremely detail-oriented with strong commitment to cross-browser and cross-platform testing, troubleshooting and quality assurance
- Extensive knowledge of UI design methodology and processes (user centered and interactive design)
- Must be able to understand all phases of web product design and development
- Excellent communication, organization and collaboration skills–person will be working within a team environment, balancing multiple projects and priorities while meeting, in many cases, extremely tight deadlines
- Portfolio of previous design work demonstrating experience and skill level
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Build responsively designed WordPress websites based on templates from graphic design department.
- Customize WordPress plugins to whatever the project calls for.
- Work with project managers and designers to develop functionality requirements, specifications, timelines and wireframes for all web projects.
- Develop HTML ecards from scratch.
- Incorporate updates and additions to legacy sites (not necessarily built in WordPress).
- Follow current trends in web design, development and social media.
- Set up hosting for new clients; transfer existing websites to new hosting services.
- Keep records of all hosting, database, FTP and other information for web department.
- Work with creative team to develop digital strategies for current and new clients based on their audiences and goals.
- Work with business development team to respond to proposals for new website projects; provide time estimates and recommendations for functionality/scope of work.
- Test all new web products to ensure consistency in all major browsers and on mobile and tablet products.
- Ensure all web products adhere to web standards.
- COMPENSATION: $50,000+
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume, link to online portfolio, and cover letter (including salary requirements) to email@example.com.
DIGM graduate James Lee takes home first prized in this years research day “COMPUTATION AND MODELING (NON-BIO)” category with his project titled “Realistic Avatar Creation and Player Choice”. Congratulations to James lee and his Faculty Advisor Stefan Rank.
Compete list of award winners available at http://www.drexelresearchday.com/awards.html
Category : IDM
April 13, 2014
POSITION: Engineering & Robotics Instructor
COMPANY: String Theory Charter School
LOCATION: 1600 Vine St. Philadelphia, PA 19102
REQUIREMENTS/DUTIES: String Theory Schools is seeking an Engineering and Robotic instructor. This is a project-based educational program in which high school students will be using computers, microcontrollers, and electronics in a 1:1 iPad environment. The candidate should be knowledgeable with NI LabView and be comfortable working with Apple products. Pennsylvania secondary certification in a related subject is required and previous experience teaching engineering or robotics is necessary.
String Theory Schools has one of the most innovative curriculum models in the country and has been honored as an Apple Distinguished School. Please visit www.stringtheoryschools.com for more information about the program.
COMPENSATION: ~43,000 for first year teachers with a BA
HOW TO APPLY?: http://www.stringtheoryschools.com/#!/page_employment