Lee Dash – Class of 2009

What are your thoughts about Drexel now that you have been in industry for a while?

Drexel has such an advantage over other schools in the Philadelphia area in the form of their co-op program.  The skills, lessons, and insight gained from even a single six month co-op is invaluable to an undergraduate student looking to start their career.  I was personally very lucky in that regard to have a great co-op experience that turned into a great career–I’m essentially still working for the same company!  Starting as an interactive designer shortly after graduation, I’ve learned and progressed over the years to my current role of VP, User Experience.

What do you like about the industry you work in?

I work for a company called ApotheCom which is a medical communications agency serving clients in the pharmaceutical industry.  As a medical agency, our focus is communicating scientific knowledge and findings to health care providers and other stakeholders.  Knowing that our work could have a positive impact on a patient and their life is extremely rewarding.  Additionally, our company and the industry as a whole is very global, and as such, I’ve had the opportunity to travel all over the world to support my colleagues and our clients.

What is one quote that describes you?

I’m not sure I have a quote that describes me per se, but the great Spock once said, “Change is the essential process of all existence.”  That applies well to our field, specifically the technology and development side of things.  While I was at Drexel we had several courses on Adobe (Macromedia) Flash!  The technology will always change, but it’s actually the history, theory, and design knowledge you also get from Drexel that will benefit you for years to come.
Back to Top