POSITION: Co-writer for an existing hidden object mobile game app
COMPANY: Type A Written Communications LLC
LOCATION: Remote USA
- Strong creative writing and storytelling experience is paramount
- Experience writing the storyline, dialogue and quest text for mobile games, particularly hidden object games, is preferred (but I will train the right creative writer)
- Flawless command of American English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to conduct research, organize workflows, plan storylines and meet deadlines
- Freelance availability for roughly 10-20 hours a week on a continuing basis
- Strong desire for a long-term career in mobile game writing (for the right creative writer, there may be an opportunity to eventually take over writing the game in entirety)
- Ability to communicate effectively, collaborate easily and maintain a sense of humor
- Willingness to learn the format and adapt your writing style as needed to fit the game
- Co-write a popular free-to-play (FTP) hidden object game (HOG) with millions of players, 20 characters and six seasonal updates per year
- As a result, this means being available for six writing cycles a year that last for roughly 2-4 weeks, depending on the size of the update and how the workflow is divided up
COMPENSATION: $35-$45/hour, depending on experience. This is an ongoing freelance subcontractor gig, and you’ll be issued a 1099 annually.
HOW TO APPLY: Email your resume, writing samples (1-2) and a brief cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience to email@example.com.
POSITION: 2D Game Artist
Code91 – Talent Execution Perseveration
We are the one who look for changes, we never settle and look only for the bet, our products are the reflection of who we try to be, the next diamond in the gaming industry.
Code91 is seeking an experienced 2D game artist with a strong background on game digital assets production that will collaborate closely with our team of game development professionals on a new unique casual mobile game.
As a game artist you will be designing and realize all our gameplay elements, characters, environments and user interfaces that will make our game world a special place to be.
- Excels at creating 2D digital assets
- Has a keen eye for compelling visuals
- Has a solid understanding of 2D related to games
- Knows the ins and outs of photoshop (or equivalent sw)
- Understand modern mobile games
- Is able to integrate it’s own art within Unity3D
- Is committed to their craft and obsessed with quality
- Excels at cross-disciplinary communication and collaboration
- Has exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Effectively and independently manage time as part of a team
- Create, export and implement 2D Environments, Characters, Gameplay and UI assets
- Help define, document, and maintain a history of your work
- Communicate effectively with team members and production
- Actively partecipate in the game design and evaluation process
- Degree in Digital Art (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years professional experience building art for games
- Contributed to at least one shipped game title in the role of digital artist
- Driven to solve problems, collaborate, and continuously learn
- Advocate for quality
- Organized, detail-oriented and self-efficient
Code91 was founded late 2014 by Victor Esquivel, Founder and CEO, and Enrico Bottani, Co-Founder and CTO With offices in Toluca and Gorduno, this is the first independent studio with offices spacing from Mexico and Switzerland. We believe games should provide truly immersive experiences, rich dynamic environments, and adaptive stories that respond smartly to the player’s actions.
Code91 is an awesome place to work. Why?
Our team is a creative, interdisciplinary group of people who are making the difference. Through innovative games we’re working to modernize and revolutionize gaming! We believe that the best work – and the best life – comes from a healthy balance between work and play, discipline, and fun. Our office culture reflects this. Among others, we have flexible work hours, LAN nights, grill outs. One of our crazy offices is located on the amazing Ticino, the southern most region of Switzerland, and offers stunning views of the heart of the Alps, a lively city with a world-class UNESCO castle, an incredible quiet environment surrounded by woods.
Please send your portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to include a cover letter, addressed to Enrico Bottani, a resume, a visual portfolio (preferably web-based) showcasing your very best work. The most successful portfolios include outstanding art and that incredible work you can’t stop looking at. This is a full time, remote, freelancing position that can quickly turn into a full time position.
I-SITE is an award-winning interactive design and technology firm located in the heart of Old City, Philadelphia’s creative community with a focus on civic, community and cause-based projects. We have an immediate opening for a Lead Drupal Developer to join our team.
As an I-SITE team player you will have the opportunity to bring your experience to all facets of our web and mobile application projects in a collaborative studio environment. Our clients are for-profit, non-profit, national and international and include Alliance for Downtown New York, William Penn Foundation and the Times Square Alliance.
- 5+ years of lead development experience building websites and web applications
- Extensive experience working in PHP, both custom applications and popular CMS frameworks such as Drupal 7-8 and WordPress
- A full, semantic understanding of HTML5, CSS3, Sass, and Compass
- Mobile-first responsive web frameworks (like Bootstrap / Foundation)
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- *nix shells (primarily Bash)
- Apache Configuration
- Database server management (MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL)
- API Integrations such as Twitter, Salesforce, and The Raiser’s Edge)
- Version Control (Git)
Technology Bonuses (Not Required, Just Awesome):
- Experience with various hosting platforms (i.e. Pantheon)
- Mobile Development, Objective C (iOS) experience a plus
- Project Management Tools: Atlassian Services, Slack, Trello
- Familiarity with MVC Frameworks (like CodeIgniter / Ruby on Rails)
We want to talk to you if:
- You’ve led multiple development projects, delegated tasks, asses scope and risk, and worked alongside a project manager
- You have experience working with creative teams and creative clients, ensuring that a design is feasible and is able to be executed as accurately as possible
- You can prototype solutions quickly and easily to give client/team a good understanding of functionality
- You pride yourself on your efficient and properly formatted, well-documented code
- You express yourself during meetings and voice your thoughts, opinions, and concerns in a constructive manner
- You represent yourself well on the phone and via email with clients
- You are friendly, supportive, and helpful within a team environment
Things We Offer to the Right People:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance plan reimbursement
- An old toy factory in which to work (and play)
- The hardware you need to do your job
- Paid vacation, plus personal or sick days
- Quality time with office kitties
- Free beer after 5:00 PM!
- AND MORE!
If you meet the requirements, email your resume, examples of work, and why you are a great fit to join [at] i-site [dot] com. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please.