Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Neversoft Entertainment, located in Woodland Hills, CA, is currently seeking a paid Visual Effects Artist Intern to work on our new FPS. If you can build and texture awe inspiring effects, and have a passion for creating game art, then we are looking for you.
- Use internal VFX editing tools to create high quality effects that fulfill the equirements of the game’s functional, art and technical/performance specifications.
- Use 3D packages such as Maya and/or 3D Studio Max to create high quality 3D art assets that augment those effects as needed.
- Work closely with Game Designers and Programmers to create top-quality video games.
- Understand the requirements and constraints of the game design, engine and platform.
- Ability to relocate to the L.A. area for 3-6 mos.
- Visual Effects authoring experience with one or more existing effects editing solutions.
- Ability to author texture source from scratch or photo/video reference, and create looping texture sets through use of Photoshop and After Effects
- Understanding of compositing techniques.
- Maya and/or 3D Studio Max experience
- Understanding of shading and lighting techniques for real-time 3D characters and environments
- Team player & strong communicator
- Self-motivated with a strong artistic vision that allows you to complete tasks without supervision
- Strong interest in and general knowledge of video games
How to Apply:
- Apply online at: http://www.neversoft.com/careers.html (select VFX Artist Intern”)
- Provide samples of prior work including: screenshots, textures, level meshes, and/or playable samples of your best work.
Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Job posting: http://www.techcareers.com/job.asp?id=63829916&aff=6F3F2FA0-9086-47B2-BF92-5E236FA388D5
ArenaNet is once again considering internship applications. ArenaNet Class of 2013 will offer the following disciplines: Character Art, Environment Art, Technical Art/VFX, Animation, and Programming. Please consider the following application methods below, and make sure to include all necessary materials.
**NOTE: APPLICATION DEADLINE IS EXTENDED UNTIL NOVEMBER 16TH
- Small cohort. Work and learn with a small group of motivated interns.
- Professional environment. Hone your skills at the ArenaNet studio working side-by-side with top game industry artists in a dedicated work space.
- Meaningful work. You’ll work on a variety of important art assignments that contribute to the success of the company, not “grunt” work.
- Broad training, relevant skills. You’ll receive training in a broad variety of skills rather than specializing on creating specific content. We want our interns to emerge from the program as stronger all-around artists, not as experts in creating eyeballs or helmets.
- Hourly stipend. You will receive a $14 per hour stipend and will work in the ArenaNet studio Monday through Friday for the duration of the year-long program.
- Pacific Northwest location. Enrollees in the ArenaNet internship program will be expected to relocate to the Bellevue, WA area at their own expense. Bellevue is in the beautiful greater Seattle area, which offers a wide range of cultural and natural activities.
- Interns are welcome to participate in ArenaNet University, our internal program of classes and workshops presented by experts from our studio and guest speakers from the game and entertainment fields.
- 12 month internship with a minimum of 15 hours a week required. Hours are flexible to accommodate class schedules and can increase to full time when students have availability.
- The ArenaNet Class of 2013 Internship Program is not an internship-to-hire program. We’re not guaranteeing jobs to any intern in the program, but you will emerge from the program with an arsenal of professional skills, an incredible portfolio, and an invaluable experience under your belt.
At ArenaNet, we’re serious about art. We’ve built an art-centric studio culture where the artist plays a vital role in game creation and presentation, and our art team is full of award-winning talent from all over the world. We created our art internship program to help develop young artists, providing them with the skills they need to be successful in the game industry. We’re looking to cultivate artists who have the raw talent, but lack one thing: work experience.
It’s our experience that artists learn more in the first few months of a game industry job than in their entire time at art school. We’ve created an immersive work-based educational program where intern artists work alongside professionals to develop real skills that are relevant and sought after in the game and entertainment industry. This isn’t a standard studio internship, where you’ll be expected to make copies or perform menial tasks for studio artists. You can’t develop your skills if you’re doing “grunt work” for a year, so expect to be challenged artistically and provided with opportunities to contribute to the success of the studio in a substantive way.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Well-balanced repertoire of art skills
- Has experience working with Maya, Photoshop and Zbrush
- Comfortable using the Internet and related communications technology
- Familiarity with the game industry is a plus
How to Apply:
Go to our blog at http://www.arena.net/blog/now-accepting-applications-for-arenanet-class-of-2013-internship#more-9212 and follow the instructions.
No follow-up phone calls, please. Attention to detail is a key requirement for this position, so if you’re unable to follow these instructions specifically, you will not be considered for the program. Good luck!