Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2018. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind – one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
As a designer on the Web & Mobile team, you will combine your skills and experience in product, interaction, and visual design to help shape the end-to-end user experience of Blizzard’s World of Warcraft and Diablo websites. You will combine your passion for UX design and gaming to help inform our research needs and product strategy, and will collaborate with members of other design, engineering, and program management teams to champion innovation and top-notch design techniques across all of Blizzard’s web and mobile products.
As our ideal candidate, you are a conceptual thinker with an active curiosity to find the best ideas, a creative technologist with the talent to make ideas real and a visual craftsman who can successfully combine these skills to create amazing web experiences that are engaging, beautiful, fun, and easy to use.
Come join a team of experienced, passionate, and highly motivated individuals driven by a common passion to create the very best user experiences for our players.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2018 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2018 – August 2018 or June 2018 – September 2018 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Strong ability and passion to collaborate in large multidisciplinary teams
- Clear and concise communication style enabling you to explain the thought process behind your visual design solutions, and rally people around your stated design goals
- Demonstrated understanding of information flow, readability, and interface usability principles
- Experience leveraging user research, key performance indicators, and site analytics to help make informed design decisions
- Attention to detail and solid organization
- Open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude
- Serious passion about gaming and belief in Blizzard’s Core Values
- Craft highly usable interface solutions focused on user experience.
- Contribute new ideas and creative design solutions.
- Comfortable brainstorming and contributing to the bigger idea.
- Constantly research and interpret design, art, pop culture and cultural events into memorable design projects.
- Follow creative direction and art direction responsibly and effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Cover Letter
- Online work samples / projects / portfolio
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than December 10, 2017.