Grounds For Sculpture is seeking an experienced, full-time Graphic Designer to create compelling visuals for print and online, fulfill internal and external photo requests, manage production calendars and the GFS photo library, and more. You’ll work under exhaustive deadlines, typically have at least 12 plates in the air, and be asked to jump between projects as if your life depended on it. If you use Adobe CS like a Shaolin Warrior and read Communications Arts like it’s your bible, read on.
- Design and production of collateral including event guides, postcards, brochures, posters, shop merchandise, etc.
- Work directly with printers for above production, including RFQs, scheduling, file prep, etc.
- Design of print and online advertising
- Provide images for press and/or internal requests by request.
- Manage design requests from varied departments and schedule appropriately
- Proofing and editing all received content for accuracy, consistency, and cross-promotion
- Create web graphics for GFS site as needed.
- Design and send e-blasts through Constant Contact, manage e-blast calendar and distribution lists. Recommend other avenues for electronic marketing campaigns
- Photograph and/or video select GFS events for inclusion on web site, in marketing materials or on social media sites.
- Support other departments with file conversions/creation as requested
- Sounding board for Director of Marketing re: marketing and advertising initiatives
- Represent the organization at meetings of local chambers, trade shows, etc. as needed.
- Graphic design expertise
- Must be creative and innovative with a solid visual aesthetic
- Outstanding organizational, written, and verbal communication skills are required
- Strong team player
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of new media, internet-related technologies and current web trends helpful
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in a related position
- Mastery of Adobe CS products, especially InDesign and Photoshop
- Ability to manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment with grace and a smile
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Candidates must provide samples of digital and print work
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to
email@example.com by April 26. Grounds For Sculpture is an equal opportunity employer.