Hello World. Grad Level!
This course focuses on the understanding and comprehension of the basic tools and strategies for design with a two-dimensional environment. Emphasis is placed on the holistic design method, rather than specific software comprehension. In addition to design, web development and interactivity will be covered, including a discussion of various display platforms, including mobile development.
Books and Materials
- Don't make me think: a common sense approach to Web usability by Krug, Steve 2006 or 2014
- Photoshop CS6 for Web Design with Justin Seeley lynda.com 2012
- Illustrator CS6 Essential Training with Justin Seeley lynda.com 2012
- HTML & CSS design and build websites by Jon Duckett 2011
- Mobile first by Luke Wroblewski 2011
- Graphic Design: The New Basics by Lupton, Ellen; Phillips, Jennifer Cole 2008
- Designing for Emotion by Aarron Walter 2011
- Interaction Design: Beyond Human-Computer Interaction, 2nd Edition by Sharp, H., Rogers, Y., Preece, J 2007