POSITION: Co-writer for an existing hidden object mobile game app
COMPANY: Type A Written Communications LLC
LOCATION: Remote USA
- Strong creative writing and storytelling experience is paramount
- Experience writing the storyline, dialogue and quest text for mobile games, particularly hidden object games, is preferred (but I will train the right creative writer)
- Flawless command of American English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to conduct research, organize workflows, plan storylines and meet deadlines
- Freelance availability for roughly 10-20 hours a week on a continuing basis
- Strong desire for a long-term career in mobile game writing (for the right creative writer, there may be an opportunity to eventually take over writing the game in entirety)
- Ability to communicate effectively, collaborate easily and maintain a sense of humor
- Willingness to learn the format and adapt your writing style as needed to fit the game
- Co-write a popular free-to-play (FTP) hidden object game (HOG) with millions of players, 20 characters and six seasonal updates per year
- As a result, this means being available for six writing cycles a year that last for roughly 2-4 weeks, depending on the size of the update and how the workflow is divided up
COMPENSATION: $35-$45/hour, depending on experience. This is an ongoing freelance subcontractor gig, and you’ll be issued a 1099 annually.
HOW TO APPLY: Email your resume, writing samples (1-2) and a brief cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience to email@example.com.